Out like a goat, in like a goat?
As you can see, I love Glacier Park. When I opened my calendar for 2016 and saw a goat in January I was like, “I just looked at a goat for a whole month!” but now I’m glad it’s a goat because he’s super cute. I hang this up in my office.
It has been a while since I wrote a blog post…I’ve been busy with the holidays, etc. I’m still motivated to get/stay healthy and have been carefully working on my goals for 2016.
2016 HEALTH GOALS:
- Eat Healthy. Today is Day 2 of the Whole 30 🙂 I am committed to following the Whole 30 rules for 30 days. I made my version of Spanish Fritatta this morning. Tomatoes, Green Beans, Spinach, leftover diced potato minced garlic and eggs. That’s all!
- Train/Exercise/Prep for the Fargo 10K in May! I got a Fitbit for Christmas so need to do 10,000 steps a day. I have to go to Anytime 12 times a month (I met this goal in December!). I read somewhere I should be exercising 150 minutes a week minimum.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day. I found an app that helps me track this.
- Floss and take a multivitamin daily.
2016 FINANCIAL GOALS:
- I have created a budget that I am going to follow this month. This will take practice but I found an envelope system on Pinterest and am combining that with Dave Ramsey’s percentage recommendations. I have to work on baby step #2 🙂 My ultimate goals are to buy a house this year and take three vacations (Wyoming for my sister’s graduation in May, Alaska at some point, and Montana this summer).
2016 CAREER GOALS:
- Continue learning and growing in my role as Assistant Regional Rep. and do best child welfare practice. Be the best assistant supervisor I can be! Lots to learn with this as I have never been in a supervisor role before (except for supervising an intern but that was totally different!).
- I need to brainstorm specific career goals.
2016 SOCIAL GOALS:
- Go on a date. LOL
- Find a club, activity ect. where I meet new people.
I’m sure there are more goals but these are my main ones. Focusing on my health and budget seem like big things to tackle in themselves and I want to succeed so I’m going to slowly add other goals as they come up. My Christmas present to myself was a planner (yes I love planners) with monthly and daily goal prompts. I’m going to use it as a gratitude journal/miracle morning book and work on it each morning for 15 minutes.
This was in the newspaper this morning and I found it fitting. I don’t know why people don’t say “New Day New You.” I don’t know why we have to wait until the New Year to start working on our goals! I feel like the work I’ve been doing the last few months has made it likely that I’ll be successful with my new goals. Happy New Year to all!
As a side note, I’m finishing Go Set A Watchman and am forming some opinions about it…more to come on this. It was the #1 book of 2015 so I think I’m missing something….