Happy Sunday! November is almost over…I can’t believe how time flies! Overall, this was a great month. I did a lot of stuff in Devils Lake and not so much traveling which was nice. This is the start of a new week, and to kick it off I am OFFICIALLY committing to my 10K training plan. yay! I did some brainstorming over the last few days and here is what I came up with- any feedback or tips are welcome! I am a newbie runner 😉 Yes, I “ran” the 5K in August but I am pretty much starting from scratch.
I have been so focused on losing weight (and honestly it has gotten me nowhere). I have decided to change my frame of mind and focus on getting healthy and running a 10K (and then see what weight loss happens in the process). Rather than focus on eating a certain diet etc. I will eat a healthy diet as I train for the 10K.
GOAL: Fargo, ND 10K is on May 21, 2016
- run, jog, walk, weight train, Anytime Fitness, outside, DVDs in my house
- I found this 10K training plan.
2. EAT WELL
- Eat healthy in December. There are many family, friend and work gatherings this month and I will enjoy but still stay healthy! I have been better at this lately except for maybe drinking too much beer…I love beer! I’m not going to lie! I gave it up for Lent one year…maybe I need to get into that mentality again haha
- Whole30 in January. Has anyone done this? I don’t know how I came across it but somehow I did and I think I will ask Santa to get me the Whole30 book for Christmas.
- I found some Clean Eating plans:
3. DRINK WATER
- Drink 64 oz of water a day.
4. ANYTHING ELSE?
- I need to limit alcohol, sweets, fast food, chocolate, onion rings, ranch dressing…and lots of other things I think I enjoy at this time. If what everyone says is true, once I get serious about eating healthy then I will not miss these foods so I will stay strong.
5. ANNOUNCE MY COMMITMENT TO BE HEALTHY
- I am going to tell my friends, family, coworkers about my 10K and plan to get healthy (without boring them with the details). This will keep me accountable. I am going to start today by posting something on Facebook and then tell my family over the holidays as I see them 🙂
- I had two friends, John and Ashley, sign up for the 10K, too! We will support each other (even though we all live in different towns). Social media does have its perks
In other news, I got an awesome coat at a benefit for two men in Devils Lake last night. I got the coat and another Harley item (that I will give to my dad and stepmom for Christmas) for $70! The lady that donated the coat said she paid $250. The money went to a good cause, too.
I spent my afternoon baking these Peanut Butter Stout Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting…so good! Remember what I said earlier about loving chocolate and beer?! I only kept 4 and gave the rest to friends.
Here is the recipe I used: http://bakingdom.com/2013/06/vegan-peanut-butter-chocolate-stout-cupcakes.html?utm_source=feedly
Finally, a pic of Simba.