New Month, New Start!
I have a lot to catch up on. Since my last post I have completed some PRIDE training for foster parents, gone to another wedding in Denver, CO (my BFF since 2nd grade) and celebrated Halloween. Also, I made some awesome chili last weekend.
Veggie Beer Chili:
- One med white onion, diced
- One green bell pepper, chopped
- One zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- one Tbsp. butter
Melt the butter and saute the veggies until tender. Add the following spices:
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of White Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinammon
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced (I could’ve added more)
Stir and add the following:
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 15 oz black beans (partially drained)
- 15 oz kidney beans (partially drained)
- one beer. I used Pumpkick and it was actually a very tasty decision!
Stir and bring to a boil then cook on med-low heat for about 30 minutes. Enjoy! I topped mine with mozzarella cheese and some leftover ricotta cheese. Yum! I’m hoping my avocado ripens up so I can put that on some leftovers another day 🙂
I want to give credit where credit is due. I adapted from this website: http://www.takeamegabite.com/vegetarian-beer-chili/