Well, today was a lazy Saturday and I was OK with that 🙂 I slept in, watched some TV, got a sandwich for lunch, did some household chores, watched some TV, made dinner and now hanging out with Simba. I made awesome soup for dinner! Here is the recipe.
- whole wheat honey pancakes (2) with two eggs over hard.
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich from McDonalds
- Diet Pepsi
- Soup and Salad
I’ll call this soup Allison’s Healthy but Creamy Soup…
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower (I had it in my freezer. I’m sure fresh would work just fine!)
- 3 carrots
- approximately 1/2 cup frozen corn
- seasonings- salt, pepper, Lawry’s seasoned salt, onion power, garlic powder
- approx. 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- about 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- Put the cauliflower and carrots in a pot with chicken broth and garlic and bring to a boil. Cook until the veggies are tender. I think it was about 15 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, mix the flour and milk together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat and stir with a whisk constantly until thick. If I would’ve had butter I would’ve made a rue and then added the milk but I didn’t and it turned out OK!
- When the milk is thick, add to the veggie pot. Add the corn and whatever seasonings you want. I used salt, pepper, Lawrys, onion and garlic powder.
- Stir in the sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
I think this will be a good go to soup. It didn’t talk long to make, it was simple and it made a lot for leftovers or friends! Plus it’s healthy for the most part.
This link is for a cool playlist. I liked the picture and when I clicked on it I went to the page with the songs… Pinterest can have some surprises!