Tonight is Amachi’s Back to School Night. My mentee and I did the go carts, water balloon toss, food eating contest, egg on the spoon walk and paper air plane toss…We didn’t win but we had a lot of fun!
- Peach Almond Oatmeal w/ ~1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- One Banana
- Salad (spinach, one carrot, cucumber, one blue container sunflower kernels, one orange container French dressing, about 1/2 avocado.
- About one cup of Winter Squash and White Bean Stew (picture and recipe below!)
- Ear of corn, fresh watermelon, fresh melon and a pulled chicken sandwich.
- Cup of chocolate Jello pudding- for the contest ;)- and a rice krispie treat.
- Water- 30 oz. and coffee- 8 oz.
I made the Winter Squash and White Bean Stew yesterday evening. It was the perfect lunch today. I found the recipe in the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook that my stepsister gave me. here is the recipe:
Winter Squash and White Bean Stew
- 1 cup chopped onion (I used white)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (You might be tempted to add more but this is the perfect amount.)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (I used one can vegetable broth and it was awesome)
- 19 oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh cilantro (I used 1/2 Tbsp. of the dry cilantro and it was fine)
Add all ingredient to the crock pot. Cover. Cook on High 1 hour. Cook on Low 2-3 hours. Enjoy! Like I said, I had a cup of this with a salad for lunch and I was full all afternoon. It feels good to eat healthy 🙂