Exercise: 29 minutes on the treadmill, 1.7 miles, 173 calories. I did a quick workout in the morning because I knew I wouldn’t fit one if I didn’t! I had lunch with my mentee and then went to Grand Forks to do some shopping.
Weight: I went to the gym after my weird smoothie. I wasn’t that hungry when I woke up but I was definitely hungry by the time I got home from the gym! I weighed myself at the gym and weigh 168.6 pounds. Lets see what another week of eating well and running does! I don’t like to say I’m on a “diet.” I like to think of this more as I’m eating healthy and making conscious decisions about what I eat/drink. I decided I wanted a cheeseburger and beer (or two) for dinner. I MADE that decision. I did not order fries with my burger (small step!). I did go out for more beers when I got home (I didn’t need to but whatever). I know I will have another good week! I’m going to make peach oatmeal this morning and got the ingredients for squash bean crockpot soup to make tomorrow. Yum!
- Weird smoothie without fruit (I literally ran out of fruit on Friday!): 1 Tbps. peanut butter, 1 cup milk/almond milk mixture, 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
- Snack: 1/3 cup shredded chicken, 1/4 avocado
- Taco Bravo and Hard shell taco from Taco Johns
- Dinner at JL Beers in Grand Forks. Love this place! 2 pints of beer and a classic burger with pepper jack cheese
- When I got back to town I met up with some friends at Proz… I had one pint Bud Light, two “tall” Summit IPAs, some pita chips with spinach dip.
- I got home at 1 AM. I will not lie I was hungry and made a breakfast burrito- two scrambled eggs, one whole wheat tortilla, 1/4 avocado, some taco sauce, some shredded Jack cheese.
Back to JL Beers. One of the beers I had was an IPA from Kansas. The other pint was a Mankato Haymaker IPA- “Our Haymaker IPA married with the assertive West Coast hops blended with amazing coffee flavor and aromatics.” It was SO tasty and delicious. The perfect beer to sit and drink while a crazy rain/wind/thunder storm is happening outside 🙂 I also did a little experiment at JL Beers. I left my phone in the car. Sometimes I get sick of my cell phone and I wanted a break from the texts (not that I get that many) and Facebook and blah blah blah. I don’t look at my phone that much but I realized there were a few times during dinner I thought about grabbing my phone to take a picture of the beer, tag something on Instagram etc. The only time I really needed it was when I thought about mailing my sister a postcard and I couldn’t remember her apartment number. (For those of you who have never been to JL Beers, they give you free JL Beers postcards to mail to friends and family and then they mail it for you. It’s fun!)