Yesterday as I was thinking about my weekly meal plan and browsing through Pinterest for some healthy meals I remembered that I have a pile of cookbooks and magazines in my kitchen. Pinterest can be awesome but sometimes a bit overwhelming, right? So many recipes! I have decided to use my Cooking Light 5 ingredient, 15 minute Recipe magazine for the next month.
- It has 128 recipes! Salads, Sandwiches, Soups, Meats, Poultry, Fish and Shellfish, Meatless Main Dishes, and Desserts.
- I will have options but not be overwhelmed so it will make my planning simple.
- Every recipe has the calorie county per serving. I can continue to use the 21 Day Fix containers for portion control, too!
- I will incorporate a variety of foods in my diet.
- I will be eating and cooking foods I’ve never tried (Israeli Couscous).
- I will not have any excuses not to eat healthy because each recipe can supposedly be prepared in 15 minutes!
I wanted to choose a recipe that involved the grill today but it is gloomy and windy. Instead, I’ll make a soup- Smoky Black Bean Soup with Avocado-Lime Salsa.
Here is a website with some of the recipes. I am using a magazine from Summer/Fall 2013 for my recipe options. Keeping it simple!